Telemedicine at Comprehensive Cancer Centers
Comprehensive Cancer Centers has established telemedicine capabilities so our new and existing patients can have access to our doctors for virtual visits from their home.
Our commitment to providing high quality cancer care includes adapting and innovating to meet your needs, including in the current challenging environment. For clinically appropriate appointments, such as some new patients, post-treatment follow-up visits, and managing cancer treatment side-effects, telemedicine offers convenience and safety – and the opportunity to initiate and continue effective care.
Which doctors can we access through the telemedicine platform?
All Comprehensive Cancer Centers’ doctors and providers across all specialties are using the telemedicine platform to deliver patient care.
How can a Comprehensive Cancer Centers’ patient make an appointment?
New and existing patients should contact their current treatment center and request a telemedicine appointment.
Will all patients be able to have a telemedicine visit?
Telemedicine visits are available to all patients of Comprehensive Cancer Centers, when clinically appropriate. Our doctors and providers will determine when patients should be seen in person for an examination in the office. With telemedicine visits available, patients may be able to reduce their number of in-person visits.
What type of visits are seen by telemedicine?
- New patients, when clinically appropriate
- Patients coming in for a routine follow-up visit
- Patients with non-emergent symptoms during and after treatment that can be managed remotely
- Patients with cancer treatment related side effects
- Patients returning for a follow-up visit to review scans or test results that do not require in-person action
- Patients in active treatment who need a prescription medication where the prescriptions can be refilled electronically
What platform do you use for telemedicine?
Comprehensive Cancer Centers is using the PMD platform for its HIPAA-compliant telemedicine solution.
Is it hard for patients to use?
No. We have a Patient FAQ webpage that all patients receive via text message as part of their initial enrollment invitation. Within the FAQ page, platform-specific (iOS and Android) guides are also linked after the download instructions section.