Comprehensive is proud to offer infusion therapies for patients with chronic diseases and conditions.
As a cancer treatment center, we are uniquely qualified to offer these services as many of the treatments and medications used for patients with chronic conditions are similar to cancer therapies in their preparation, administration and side effects. Our experienced staff of physicians, nurses, and other clinicians are trained in managing complex infusions and addressing infusion related side effects that may occur.
How Does Infusion Therapy Work?
Infusion therapy is a safe and effective way to treat many diseases. It works by injecting medications through an intravenous (IV) line in a patient’s arm. It allows for a more efficient treatment of chronic illnesses since it delivers medications, antibiotics, and/or hydration directly into the bloodstream. As a result, there’s a more rapid absorption rate for faster relief and faster time to start working. An infusion center is an outpatient clinic that treats patients using infusion therapy.
Benefits of Infusion Therapy at Comprehensive
Our nurses and staff assist patients with their infusions and help make their time with us as comfortable as possible. Every patient receiving infusion is under the care of a doctor and nursing staff with expertise in administering infusion-based medications and identifying and managing infusion reactions. The preparation process includes collecting patient records and insurance information before arrival to help expedite authorizations and reduce out-of-pocket expenses.
Our patients can expect to be able to access the following resources while having infusion therapy at Comprehensive:
- Free WIFI and diverse reading options
- Free tablet devices that contain educational materials and entertainment resources
- Experienced and caring infusion nursing staff
- Physician-supervised infusions to mitigate any reactions or complications
- Flexible IV therapy appointment times
- Supportive care services
- Coordination with referring physicians
- Preauthorization of insurance approval
- High-quality infusion care that can be more cost-effective than hospital-based treatment
- Clinical pharmacy services, ensuring monitoring for compliance, drug interactions, and laboratory results