Everyone at Comprehensive Cancer Centers is fully committed to providing our patients with state-of-the-art treatment in a compassionate and caring environment. We understand that our patients have been through a lot during their treatment, but we are always inspired by their courage, drive and optimism.
We are honored that some of our patients have taken the time to share their positive experiences about our award winning staff and treatment centers. We share our patient’s stories here to say thank you to them, and hopefully to inspire others with their courage.
“I know very well how hard and tough the journey is and how hard it is mentally and physically to live with cancer, but it is possible. So, don’t lose hope!”
Helen and Tony
“Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada, Dr. Parikh … Opened us up to a different world of thinking about how to tackle this. We now have a Plan A, a Plan B and a Plan C.”
“Having doctors that are compassionate and understanding, that was everything.”
“I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in September 2011 at the age of 40. At that time, I was given a two percent chance to live beyond five years….”
“What I initially thought was an infection turned out to be bladder cancer. I was referred to Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada from my home in Virgina, where I worked with Dr. Vogelzang.”
“I did not expect to get her life back, but with the care and compassion of Comprehensive Cancer Centers, I am cancer free.”
A cancer diagnosis completely changed Susan’s outlook on life. After beating the odds, she quit her job to follow her two passions, yoga and nutrition, got married and had a beautiful baby girl.
“My name is Chris, I am a personal trainer, radio personality, and cancer coach. I started treatment at Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) in March 2012 and have been cancer-free since May 2012. I strongly believe that I beat cancer with the support of my oncologists, family and my drive and motivation to exercise and eat healthy.”
“My name is Lynda and this is my story of how I was diagnosed with two different types of breast cancer only five years apart.”
“I am a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. I have been a patient of Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada since July 2009 and thanks to the doctors, nurses and staff, I can proudly say that I am cancer free.”
“My name is Ernest and I have a mucosal melanoma, a rare form of cancer that starts inside the body. This is my story…”
Notes of Appreciation
- “Thank you for taking such good care of me…” Read more from Wendy here.
- “We truly thank you again for your dedication and work…” Read entire message here.
- “With great gratitude… Thank you for saving lives!” See entire message here.
- “Thank you for your outstanding work, kindness, professionalism and thoughtfulness.” Read more from the American Cancer Society.
- Port pillows from Samuel. Read more here.
- “Thank you for so much that you have done for Martin. Because of you he has a new lease on life.”Read more here.
- “It has been an honor to know you and to have been one of your patients.” Read more of Bob’s story.
- “Thank you so very much for all your expertise. You are a such a kind, caring and knowledgeable doctor.” Read more.
- “In this fast paced world of modern medicine your attention and care are far beyond the norm.” Read more about the Angelotti family’s story.
- “Dr. Parikh, thank you for your medical expertise that helped keep Stuart alive.” Read more from Stuart’s family.
- “My dad always appreciated that you were always honest and direct with him and I appreciated that you did so while always being kind and encouraging.” Read more from Erica.
- “Thank you so much for reaching out and leaving a kind voice message on my cell phone after Kerry’s passing.” Read more here.
- “There are not enough words to thank you for what you did for our brother, Frank Fey.” Read the Fey family’s story.
- “I don’t know how to begin to express my sincere gratitude in the life saving efforts you made in caring for my husband.” Read more of the McCraw Family’s story.
- “I am writing to express my extreme gratitude for the outstanding staff you have at Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada.” Read more about Harry’s story.
- “I want to thank you so very, very much for your patience and kindness with my friend Mabel Luzi.” Read more of Mabel’s story.
- “Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving my mom’s life.” Read more here.
- “Our lives were enriched by the many people we met while Bob received treatment and I believe God helped us to bring hope to others.” Read more of Jenny and Bob’s story.
- “Bless you for extending my life… Your patient care cannot be matched!” Read more of Gary’s story.
- “I cannot thank you enough for the blessings you have bestowed on my sister.” Read more here.
- “Our family would like to express our gratitude for the care and compassion you shared throughout Ed’s cancer battle.” Read more about Ed here.
- “Keep saving lives. You are the best. I couldn’t have asked for more.” Read more from Mark.
- “Thank you for all the small and great things you do for survivors.” Read Cora’s letter here.
Share Your Stories
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada also has enjoyed hearing from patients, their friends and families on our Facebook page. If you’d like to see more of their stories, or share one of your own, visit us there or send us a note using the form field on the right of this page.