Types of Cancer

The information below describes the most common types of cancer and will most likely answer your immediate questions. If you’re not currently a patient, you can call Comprehensive Cancer Centers at 702-952-3350, use our contact form, to have questions answered.

The information provided within this website is not intended as medical advice. It should never be substituted for a consultation with a healthcare professional. Please contact your physician or visit a Comprehensive Cancer office with questions and concerns about your health condition.

Bladder Cancer

Nearly 80,000 people will be diagnosed with Bladder Cancer this year. See how our team helps treat the disease.

Brain Tumors

Tumors that originate in the brain are different from tumors that have spread to the brain, see how we treat the disease.

Breast Cancer

There are many different types of breast cancers, see how the team at Comprehensive identifies and treats them.

Cervical Cancer

Cervical cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in the cervix or the lower part of a woman’s uterus.

Colorectal Cancer

Colon and rectal (colorectal) cancer begins in either the colon or the rectum.

Kidney Cancer

Kidney cancer is also called renal cancer and is one of the ten most common cancers in both men and women.

Lesser Known Skin Cancers

Melanoma, basal and squamous cell are 99% of all skin cancers, see the other 1%.

Leukemia

Leukemia, cancer of bone marrow and blood, is characterized by uncontrolled accumulation of blood cells.

Lung and Bronchus Cancer

Lung cancer often takes many years to develop, but it is one of the deadliest of all cancer

Lymphoma

Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system, part of the immune system that helps the body fight infection and disease.

Myeloma

Myeloma is a type of blood cancer that begins in the body’s bone marrow and it is a cancer of the plasma cells.

Oral, Head & Neck Cancer

Oral, head and neck cancers can affect areas including the mouth, throat, tongue, tonsils and soft palate.

Ovarian Cancer

Three main types of ovarian tumors include germ cell tumors, stromal cell tumors and epithelial cell tumors. Learn more about the disease.

Pancreatic Cancer

Risk of developing pancreatic cancer increases with age, and those with family history have a higher risk.

Prostate Cancer

Prostate cancer is the most prominent cancer in men in the United Sates, with nearly 200,000 men diagnosed annually. See how we can help.

Skin Cancer/Melanoma

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States, and is of special concern in Southern Nevada. See how Comprehensive can help.

Testicular Cancer

Testicular cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in one or both testicles and is an uncommon disease.