Privacy Notice: CCCNevada.com (a website for Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada).
Effective Date: August 7, 2017
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers – a practice managed by US Oncology, a subsidiary of McKesson, we value the trust that uses place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of CCCNevada.com about the purposes for which Comprehensive may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we’re using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using CCCNevada.com, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using CCCNevada.com or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to CCCNevada.com. US Oncology/McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, sub-domains, and services through other web, mobile, or cloud platforms that are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, Comprehensive business partners, ad networks and other third parties have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
CCCNevada.com accesses information in a database to present information about our practice or Institution (“Institution”). While visiting the website, CCCNevada.com will provide you services authorized by your Institution such as access to your Institution’s servers and databases. Information transmitted to your Institution shall be stored, collected, used, retained, or shared by your Institution according to its policies and procedures.
What functionality does this site provide?
CCCNevada.com enables you to search or review information contained in the Institution’s database. When you use CCCNevada.com, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by Comprehensive that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Names and Initials
- Contact information, such as your business address, telephone number, electronic mail address, and mailing address
- Sensitive personal information, such as your user name, password, PIN data and digitized signature
- User behavioral information, such as your IP address, browser type, login/logout information, navigation and clickstream activity
- Information about you from practice management systems and combine it with information we already have about you.
We may collect non-personal information, such as your occupation and your preferred language. This information may be aggregated with other information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our websites and/or users of our products and services. These technologies include the following:
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location for CCCNevada.com. We use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as spotlight tags or other tools accessible via Google Analytics. These methodologies are for purposes including serving ads, and optimize our site for search engines. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- We also use HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. This site is currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Improving our user experience
- Learning about the locations of site visitors
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Surveys or Contests
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- Comprehensive does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as optimizing web-marketing campaigns. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to Comprehensive. When framing techniques are utilized, your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the third party.
- Our site may offer a public area for users to share posts, comments, blogs, or testimonials. You should be aware that any personal information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at Beth.Blackburn@usoncology.com
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through our CCCNevada.com will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by uninstalling the service itself or deleting cookies in your web browser.
Alternatively, you can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process or using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice. You may change your choice and request we delete your personal information at any time at the address listed in the Contact Information section below.
If you wish to subscribe to newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal Information
CCCNevada.com may allow you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting Beth.email@example.com
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services to the healthcare industry, Comprehensive has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
Health Information transmitted through this service is controlled and maintained by your Institution. The service does not store health information on your device.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA covered entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided to you or made available to you.
Social Media Connection
You may choose to enable an interface, share with others, or log in to CCCNevada.com via various social media or social networking services such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter (“Social Networking Services”). By integrating these Social Networking Services into CCCNevada.com, we can offer you a richer and more personalized experience with our products and services. When you connect your current account to a social media account, we may collect certain personal information that you have provided to that Social Networking Service. For example, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, we may collect personal information from your Facebook profile, such as your email address, profile picture, and friend list. This functionality is related to posting comments, which is not currently available on the website, but may be in the future.
CCCNevada.com is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through CCCNevada.com
How We Protect Your Information
Comprehensive has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to Comprehensive employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting Beth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using CCCNevada.com, you are agreeing to our processing of information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. “Processing” may include cookie usages on a computer or mobile device, or using or touching information in any way, including but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, combining, and disclosing information. If you reside outside the U.S. we may request your consent before your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence and which may afford varying levels of protection for your personal Information. [IMPORTANT: Product or service owner must build in consent language into site or services that target non-US audiences such as Canada and the EU. Also, this section will need to be tailored to reflect the functionality of the service and information storage practices of your business. If the service is processing any information outside the U.S., please contact US Oncology/McKessonPrivacy Counsel or the Privacy Office for specific requirements and consultation.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Beth.email@example.com
You may also write to us at:
400 N. Stephanie Street, Suite 300
Henderson, NV 89014