Next Steps After Cancer Treatment
The team at Comprehensive Cancer Centers encourages regular follow-up appointments for patients who have successful completed treatment.
Follow-up appointments include regular visits to a patient’s general physician as well as continued follow up visits with your medical oncologist. The purpose of these visits is to make sure each patient is in good health after treatment, including making sure there are no reoccurrences of cancer, while monitoring that no other health issues are present.
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers, the practice makes the first follow-up visit a smooth and comfortable experience. The following are a few simple tips to make follow-up visits efficient and easy:
- Referring Physician Information: It is critical for your Comprehensive Cancer Centers oncologist to collaborate with your primary care and/or referring physician(s), so information can be shared to ensure your post-recovery success. Bring any authorizations and referrals with you, and provide contact information for your other doctors, especially if you’ve changed providers.
- Medications: It’s important for your medical oncologist to know about any new or existing medications. Make sure to bring a complete, up-to-date list of all medications being used. Many patients find it easier to bring the bottles and packages with them to appointments. This includes any additional medications you may have started for other health issues.
- Insurance and I.D. Cards: Bring insurance cards and picture IDs to each visit. Also, when scheduling your follow up appointments, you will need to provide your insurance information, including the company, the plan number, your policy number and the contact information for claims. We file insurance claims on your behalf and help you with questions or concerns regarding payments.
- Medical Records: Please arrange to have any new test results and reports provided. Some physicians and clinics will send them directly on your behalf. Others will give these records to you, so you can bring them to your follow-up visit.
- Questions and Concerns: You may find it helpful to bring a written list of questions on your first visit to review with your physician as you begin or continue your post-treatment life. We will give whatever time is necessary to answer questions and consult on your condition and treatment plan.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers Can Help
You may schedule your appointments by calling the Comprehensive Cancer Centers treatment center where you were previously treated. The receptionist will assist you in scheduling your appointments.
If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to appropriately cancel your appointment may result in an office visit charge. To schedule your follow up appointment with the team at Comprehensive, please call 702-952-3350.
The content is this post is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.